From: - Bobb - on
Dan,

I ran into same problem again - couldn't find answer online, but I then
remembered the source of the fix last time.

I had this saved in OE - my 'Newsgroup tips' folder
Thanks AGAIN.
..

"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message

> "Daniel Crichton" <msnews(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message
>>- wrote on Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:48:16 -0500:
>>

>>> "Daniel Crichton" <msnews(a)worldofspack.com> wrote in message

>>> I read about MOTW and it sounds just like what I need. I've got XP SP2
>>> all security/required updates (except IE7 and SP3). I opened the mht
>>> - saved as htm. Edited the .htm file ( with WORD not frontpage).
>>> I entered <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
>>> at top of doc - Save as webpage.
>>> That text now appears as text in the file now, so obviously not coded.
>>> Is that syntax correct ? Any simple way to imbed that, or do I need to
>>> use Web Editor app ? I do have Frontpage 2000 on Cd but haven't used it
>>> in
>>> years.

From: VanguardLH on
- Bobb - wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I ran into same problem again - couldn't find answer online, but I then
> remembered the source of the fix last time.
>
> I had this saved in OE - my 'Newsgroup tips' folder
> Thanks AGAIN.
<snipped the old thread dated way back in Nov 2008>

You thought Dan was still monitoring the 20-month old thread? You
needed to share your diary entry about the success of your newsgroups
search or looking in your notes or saved posts?

Using MOTW (Mark of the Web) in your HTML file is just one solution. If
you are going to run more HTML files that are local and have active
content then you might want to consider disabling the security feature
in IE that generates the infobar popup that you want to avoid.

Internet Options -> Advanced tab
Security section
"Allow active content ..." (2 options)

Enable those options (to disable the warning infobar). Of course, not
putting scripts in your local HTML files would work, too.