From: MikeR on
In Access 2000, if I build the following SQL, it runs (from the query builder) and
gives the expected results.

When I save the query, Access deletes the ASC part.

How can I have it saved?

Thanks, Mike

SELECT [UCALL], [Mode]
FROM ModRef
ORDER BY [mode] DESC , [ucall] ASC;
From: MikeR on
MikeR wrote:
> In Access 2000, if I build the following SQL, it runs (from the query
> builder) and gives the expected results.
>
> When I save the query, Access deletes the ASC part.
>
> How can I have it saved?
>
> Thanks, Mike
>
> SELECT [UCALL], [Mode]
> FROM ModRef
> ORDER BY [mode] DESC , [ucall] ASC;

Because ASC is the default?
From: John Spencer on
That is the reason that Access removes it. I would like to see it retained if
it is entered, but that is very minor to the rest of what I would like Access
to allow in the SQL view.

WHINE WHINE WHINE
I would like to be able to comment my SQL in line
I would like Access to retain my formatting
I would like Access to get rid of the non-standard way it handles sub-queries
in the FROM clause
WHINE OFF

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Daryl S on
Mike -

Yes, ascending is the default for ORDER BY, so it is not necessary in the
statement.
--
Daryl S

From: MikeR on
John Spencer wrote:
> That is the reason that Access removes it. I would like to see it
> retained if it is entered, but that is very minor to the rest of what I
> would like Access to allow in the SQL view.
>
> WHINE WHINE WHINE
> I would like to be able to comment my SQL in line
> I would like Access to retain my formatting
> I would like Access to get rid of the non-standard way it handles
> sub-queries in the FROM clause
> WHINE OFF

And a mighty fine whine it is! ;->
 |  Next  |  Last