From: WTShaw on
This is sort of an open faced composite of a base translation cipher
combined with a stream cipher whereas Pt is base 97 and Ct is base 31.

The full cycle is Pt, 97->31, Encrypt 31, Ct, Decrypt 31, 31->97, Pt.

http://groups.google.com/group/cryptojavascript/web/06162010rosebud-pome-via-b-64

This also represents a good way to combine two ciphers in a way
although not as simple as might be desired but yet better than working
between different page for the two featured algorithms.

Compromises were useful and with only slight functionality trade
offs. I found that this implementation has no cross platform issues
with respect to PC's and System X and more Macs.
From: WTShaw on
On Jun 17, 1:27 am, WTShaw <lure...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This is sort of an open faced composite of a base translation cipher
> combined with a stream cipher whereas Pt is base 97 and Ct is base 31.
>
> The full cycle is Pt, 97->31, Encrypt 31, Ct, Decrypt 31, 31->97, Pt.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/cryptojavascript/web/06162010rosebud-p...
>
> This also represents a good way to combine two ciphers in a way
> although not as simple as might be desired but yet better than working
> between different page for the two featured algorithms.
>
> Compromises were useful and with only slight functionality trade
> offs.  I found that this implementation has no cross platform issues
> with respect to PC's and System X and more Macs.

Somehow, the internal title of the page was called in part Redbud
rather than Rosebud. Easy enough to change if you know JavaScript,
not critical, and now fixed in the file at the Google Group. I
noticed my error while working on another application of the same
type...it happens.
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
WTShaw wrote:
> This is sort of an open faced composite of a base translation cipher
> combined with a stream cipher whereas Pt is base 97 and Ct is base 31.
[snip]

Change of bases render neighbouring values continue to be neighbours.
Putting an alphabet of size 26 into the 8-bit ASCII is defacto also a
base change. So this kind of transformations is very special and hence
would in general not be as good as more random transformations IMHO.

M. K. Shen
From: WTShaw on
On Jun 18, 4:01 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> WTShaw wrote:
> > This is sort of an open faced composite of a base translation cipher
> > combined with a stream cipher whereas Pt is base 97 and Ct is base 31.
>
> [snip]
>
> Change of bases render neighbouring values continue to be neighbours.
> Putting an alphabet of size 26 into the 8-bit ASCII is defacto also a
> base change. So this kind of transformations is very special and hence
> would in general not be as good as more random transformations IMHO.
>
> M. K. Shen

You miss the point whereas I prefer to scramble both character sets in
one stage algorithms, thereby disrupting any simple relationships
between the different series. The results of the block cipher alone
are good but adding the stream cipher produces close to an ideal
result.

In this seires of hybrid ciphers, three are done with several dozen
perhaps left to go. The initial version of the first application has
since been edited for typos in the information and I need to and
scroll bars to that window to finish up the design. The interplatform
issues are long settled except for the above superficial html problem
with scrolling on a PC which is not a real processing issue at all

Otherwise, your comments don't fit the circumstances as tests indicate
the advantage of the system. A ciphertext can be misleading because
you must question what base the original is in and how it was
transformed. These are good questions because the plethora of
qualifying possibilities make it extremely difficult to limit them to
sort them out; there appear to be no clues with with full keying.
Wondering how much cipher text might be necessary to even point to a
solution is an associated problem. Even as the process is overall
ductive, easy change of offset numbers can be part of the adopted
protocol.

Although I have discussed single base translation, I have functional
experience with two and even three different translations, the last
involving four different base with transposition added to the
junctures; it's overkill to the absurd, but slickly done. Such
tactics resemble more the sci-fi worm holes by which you can go
quickly and efficiently between conventionally distant areas, or bases
in this case.

Of course these late projects are never going to equal the GVA which I
had for sixteen years now I offer more ways to demonstrate more
options for neoclassical designers. Just the facts...
From: WTShaw on
Today, I updated my offerings on
http://groups.google.com/group/cryptojavascript
including today's versions of Rosebud_Pome, Punjab_Pome, and
Chapman_Pome.

All have the necessary fixes. Follow the instructions. If these are
not available to you, and I know they are there, please say so here.
I may yet need to put them somewhere else. Note what progress I have
made in their construction. You can ask questions about the algorithms
here
..