From: Matthew Barnes on
I'm curious if it is possible to send text to a window or web
application. I am using the firewatir library, but I don't think you
can do it with that, so just wondering if it is possible with Ruby
itself. Thanks!
From: James Britt on
Eric Christopherson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Matthew Barnes <bbaarrnneess(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm curious if it is possible to send text to a window or web
>> application. I am using the firewatir library, but I don't think you
>> can do it with that, so just wondering if it is possible with Ruby
>> itself. Thanks!
>
> On Windows, you can use Win32::GuiTest
> <http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/win32-guitest/>.

AutoItX is also very handy for scripting Windows apps and the Win32 API.

See http://groups.google.com.kh/group/ruby-talk-google/msg/ca78a0fcf1015a05

for an earlier post I made on this.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development

From: Quintus on

From: Roger Pack on
Matthew Barnes wrote:
> I'm curious if it is possible to send text to a window or web
> application. I am using the firewatir library, but I don't think you
> can do it with that, so just wondering if it is possible with Ruby
> itself. Thanks!

watir itself can populate fields, can it not?
-r

From: The NaztyBoys on
On Aug 5, 1:28 am, Quintus <sutn...(a)gmx.net> wrote:

Thanks Marvin! I'll have to check out your xdo tool as I am on a
linux box.