From: Asai on
Greetings,

I'm using Postfix with MySQL, and am trying to restrict certain users to
send and receive from my network only. I have had marginal success with
this using a MySQL query.

In the MySQL table, these users have 'local_only' in the smtp_access
column, all other users have 'Y' in this column. In
/smtpd_sender_restrictions /I have added /check_sender_access
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_restricted_senders.cf /which queries the user
and returns either 'Y' or 'local_only'. Then I have specified
/smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only /AND
/local_only = check_sender_access
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_local_domains.cf, reject /

This works for the restricted users. However, it ends up blocking all
other non-restricted users with a 'misconfigured server' error. What am
I missing?
From: mouss on
Asai a �crit :
> Greetings,
>
> I'm using Postfix with MySQL, and am trying to restrict certain users to
> send and receive from my network only. I have had marginal success with
> this using a MySQL query.
>
> In the MySQL table, these users have 'local_only' in the smtp_access
> column, all other users have 'Y' in this column. In
> /smtpd_sender_restrictions /I have added /check_sender_access
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_restricted_senders.cf /which queries the user
> and returns either 'Y' or 'local_only'. Then I have specified
> /smtpd_restriction_classes = local_only /AND
> /local_only = check_sender_access
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_local_domains.cf, reject /

so you're having a double check_sender_access? what for?

> This works for the restricted users. However, it ends up blocking all
> other non-restricted users with a 'misconfigured server' error. What am
> I missing?

please follow the rules. when you subscribed, you got a message telling
you what you need to do when you want to ask for help. you probably
deleted that message, did you? If so, please visit

- explain what you exactly want to implement (at this stage, forget
about postfix and any MTA). be as precise as you can. This is called
"use cases", "requirements", ...

- then say what you have implemented. in this case, don't babble. let
the system speak for you. show output of 'postconf -n', and if needed
"master.cf" and relevant logs