From: Robert Fitzpatrick on
On 6/2/2010 8:56 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Robert Fitzpatrick<lists(a)webtent.net>:
>> I am getting a lot of these for various domains...
>>
>> Jun 2 07:21:08 esmtp postfix/smtpd[55535]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
>> from mail.cypresspartners.com[72.242.211.227]: 450 4.1.8
>> <onlinebanking.elarts(a)onlinealert.bankofamerica.com>: Sender address
>> rejected: Domain not found;
>> from=<onlinebanking.elarts(a)onlinealert.bankofamerica.com>
>> to=<deanr(a)plasticert.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.cypresspartners.com>
>>
>> I assume these are legitimate rejects since the helo domain is
>> cypresspartners.com and I did not find an A record for that domain.
>> Is that correct?
>
> No.
>
> $ host onlinealert.bankofamerica.com
> Host onlinealert.bankofamerica.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> $ host -t mx onlinealert.bankofamerica.com
> Host onlinealert.bankofamerica.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Yes, about what I expected from that particular message. But my real
problem is a message being sent from BOA each morning and generating
this error...

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Robert Fitzpatrick <lists(a)webtent.net>:

I guess Exchange didn't like that and did reject the mail.
Usually the error message contains info about "mailserver generating
this message".

If you don't see that sender on your postfix gateway, then I guess
it's your internal exchange server.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Robert Fitzpatrick on
On 6/2/2010 10:43 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> I guess Exchange didn't like that and did reject the mail.
> Usually the error message contains info about "mailserver generating
> this message".

Yes, that is what I hate about Exchange, the error messages vagueness.

Thanks.