From: David Ewer on
I have an old MIDI track that I played, with user-edited sounds, through my
old Roland JV-30 synth. Is there any way to redirect the saved sysex data
bank to the Cakewalk TTS-1 instead of out the MIDI port to the JV30 synth?
I've tried changing the port from 1 to 2 but it doesn't seem to respond.

With this piece, I had set up all instruments, complete with edits to
attack, decay, reverb, etc, and saved the whole sound bank as a sysex file.
Then, when I load the piece, I send the bank, and the whole synth is set up.
I want to redirect this to the TTS-1 instead. I'm thinking it has something
to do with the device ID, but the help file doesn't seem to offer any help
on this.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.
Dave Ewer

From: Ricky Hunt on
"David Ewer" <dewer(a)n_o_s_p_a_m93.corporateimpact.ns.ca> wrote in message
>I have an old MIDI track that I played, with user-edited sounds, through my
> old Roland JV-30 synth. Is there any way to redirect the saved sysex data
> bank to the Cakewalk TTS-1 instead of out the MIDI port to the JV30 synth?
> I've tried changing the port from 1 to 2 but it doesn't seem to respond.

David, this won't work. Sysex stands for "system exclusive" meaning it is
data specific to a certain piece of gear (make/model). If it's sysex for a
Prophet 5 it will only work with a Prophet 5. It wouldn't even work with
another piece of Sequential Circuits gear much less gear made by another
company.

From: David Ewer on
>Even if you were able to re-write the
> header so that the TTS-1 responded, the following data would probably not
> be an identical match to the internal tweakable parameter of the TTS-1.

Well, I have a lot of work ahead of me then. :-) Thanks Glennbo.
Dave Ewer

From: David Ewer on
> David, this won't work. Sysex stands for "system exclusive" meaning it is
> data specific to a certain piece of gear (make/model).

I would have thought there would be some kind of utility to convert -
especially for two synths made by the same manufacturer. Guess I'll have to
do it by hand. Thanks Ricky.
Dave

Pages: 1
Prev: Free Download Sonar Utils 2.30