From: David Carvalho on
Hi !
Since my previous Sendmail installation (8.14.1),
something may have change regarding STARTTLS.
My Windows XP clients could relay anymore when using Outlook and Outlook
Express.
After some research, I found that this may be related to the "inferior"
cipher used (RC4-MD5)
by these programs while using Windows XP. On Windows 7, windows mail clients
work fine. After installing Thunderbird on windows XP, I can also relay.
So I've tried to setup Sendmail to accept those weaker ciphers but without
success in sendmail.mc

LOCAL_CONFIG
CipherList=ALL:!ADH:!NULL:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!LOW:+SSLv3:+TLSv1:+SSLv2:RC4+RSA:RC4-MD5:!EXP:!eNULL:!aNULL
define(`confTLS_SRV_OPTIONS',`C')

Althought I solved this by using more recent e-mail clients on Windows XP, I
would really
like to understand how this could be done.
Sending e-mails from other accounts (previous Sendmail versions) with the
same workstations
I could see in the logs that RC4-MD5 was being used.
Any ideas please ?
Regards

From: David Carvalho on
it worked !
I copied the default /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt to
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.sendmail.crt,
reduced its size from about 650KB to 270KB, used make -C /etc/mail to
generate
the new sendmail.cf. Restarted Sendmail and the result was immediate.
I've teste only in one client but I guess everthing should be working fine
(if not, I'll be back :) )
Thank you all very much.
Regards
David