From: Q on
I'm after some assistance.

Running;
Centos 5.3
Sendmail 8.14.3-3
Samba 3.0.33-3.15 (For winbind)

This box talks winbind to a Windows 2003 AD server for user auth - the auth
on the Linux box is done through PAM and that's ok.

Problem is that if anything happens to the Windows box all the users are
gone (so far as PAM says) is there anything that I can do with sendmail to
accept mail for those users while there names can't be looked up ?

I suspect you might say 'no fix pam/winbind' and thats fine - I'm working on
that too - but any pointers would be usefull. I'm not really wanting to
rebuild sendmail to use any other auth system - what's in works well (99% of
the time)

TIA!