From: cuartetto on
In column B I have 1000 time entries with the following format. 9:30AM,
10:30PM. I would like to move the AM or Pm into a new column. I've tried
"fixed width", also tried changing the format to put a space between the time
and the AM/PM, but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?
Don
From: Steve on
format column C to hh:mm (so no AM/PM is shown)
In C1 enter
=if(b1>0.5,b1-0.5,b1)
this will then only show the 12h clock even if PM
in D1 enter
=if(b1>0.5,"PM"."AM")
Then if you like hide column B
Copy/fill the formulas in C1 and D1 down as needed

Regards
Steve

From: Dave Peterson on
Are these really times or are they text?

If they're plain old text, then I'd convert them to times.

Select the range
Edit|replace:
what: AM
with: _AM (where _ represents the space character)
replace all

And once more for the PM.

Then the results should be real times. And you can use a formula like the ones
Steve suggested.

But I'd keep the data as real times -- maybe format the cell so that I see:

21:30
instead of
9:30 PM
though.