From: José Regalado on
Greetings.
I need put data string in the serial port.
Exist some way for do it from JavaScript, and Firefox?.

Ubuntu Linux, firefox 3.6.

Not internet explorer, not activeX.

Thanks.
From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Jul 12, 9:19 am, José Regalado <djd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
> I need put data string in the serial port.
> Exist some way for do it from JavaScript, and Firefox?.
>
> Ubuntu Linux, firefox 3.6.
>
> Not internet explorer, not activeX.
>
> Thanks.

Yes there is a way to do it from Firefox and JavaScript. The problem
is that you'll have to do it through XUL and access the functionality
through an XPCOM component AFAIK. I'm not certain if there is one
already made though, so this is probably going to require jumping
through a few hoops to get it working.

Post-HTML 5 is possibly going to contain a <device> tag and API which
could accomplish this:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/
From: Gufo Rosso on
Il 13/07/2010 3.00, Michael Haufe ("TNO") ha scritto:
> On Jul 12, 9:19 am, Jos� Regalado <djd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings.
>> I need put data string in the serial port.
>> Exist some way for do it from JavaScript, and Firefox?.

> Post-HTML 5 is possibly going to contain a <device> tag and API which
> could accomplish this:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/

for security is possible set a certificate o user setting from
http://pippo.com/serial.php only one security request no to any
procedure:

example:
this site requre access to:
rs232, /file/dati.txt, audio device
accept ?
From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Jul 13, 7:49 am, Gufo Rosso <spaaaaaamaaa...(a)libero.it> wrote:

> for security is possible set a certificate o user setting fromhttp://pippo.com/serial.phponly one security request no to any
> procedure:
>
> example:
> this site requre access to:
> rs232, /file/dati.txt, audio device
> accept ?

I'm not sure I understand the grammar of your question. Can you
rephrase it?
From: Paul E. Schoen on

"Gufo Rosso" <spaaaaaamaaaaaa(a)libero.it> wrote in message
> Il 13/07/2010 3.00, Michael Haufe ("TNO") ha scritto:
>> On Jul 12, 9:19 am, Jos� Regalado <djd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Greetings.
>>> I need put data string in the serial port.
>>> Exist some way for do it from JavaScript, and Firefox?.
>

>> Post-HTML 5 is possibly going to contain a <device> tag and API which
>> could accomplish this:
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-device/
>
> for security is possible set a certificate o user setting from
> http://pippo.com/serial.php only one security request no to any
> procedure:
>
> example:
> this site requre access to:
> rs232, /file/dati.txt, audio device
> accept ?

I found this in a search. It seems to be for Java, but might help:
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=176946

and this (seems like WScript)
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31686

Maybe this?