From: TMC via AccessMonster.com on
I'm using David Hitchner's MODCOMM module that I found on Tony Toew's site to
read continuous data from a serial port. It works fine running under 98 but
when using XP SP3 I need to put a MsgBox function after the ComOpen routine
or it won't open the port. Has anyone run into a similar condition? I'm
running both machine's ports the same (9600,n,8,1) and have verified
everything else in relation to the ports are the same. I'm going to look at
the situation in more depth tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else is
using this module in XP with any success (as is).

Thanks
TMC

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"TMC via AccessMonster.com" <u42299(a)uwe> wrote:

>I'm using David Hitchner's MODCOMM module that I found on Tony Toew's site to
>read continuous data from a serial port. It works fine running under 98 but
>when using XP SP3 I need to put a MsgBox function after the ComOpen routine
>or it won't open the port. Has anyone run into a similar condition? I'm
>running both machine's ports the same (9600,n,8,1) and have verified
>everything else in relation to the ports are the same. I'm going to look at
>the situation in more depth tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else is
>using this module in XP with any success (as is).

Just guessing. Insert a DoEvents were you have the msgbox.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: TMC via AccessMonster.com on
Thanks for the suggestion Tony. I didn't get a chance to delve more deeply
into the routine yesterday but will give your suggestion a try today.

Thank
TMC