From: Soldier on
Not sure if any one can help me. I saw a couple posts a couple years
ago about this same sort of thing but never saw any answers. I am an
admin on an XP/Server2k3 domain. We are using Smart Card forced
authentication. Quiet often we see this error pop up when users log
in, it says to look in the event viewer for more details but all the
event viewer tells us that the user was not able to log in. We have
seen to ways to make it work but nothing that makes the error
disappear forever. The 2 things that temporarily fix it are A: Having
an admin log in, it takes a little longer than normal, but once the
admin logs out the user is able to log in. B: If the user tries to
log in 10 -15 times it eventually works. Any help would be great.

From: Peter Foldes on
Have you installed the SP2 for W2K3 yet

--
Peter