From: Linda on
If this is the incorrect newsgroup, I apologize and hope that you will direct
me to the correct one.

I tried to download/install the Service Pac 2 yesterday. About 45 min - 1
hr into the installation, my computer hung and there was not progress. The
only choice I had was to cancel the installation. But, that means that only
some of the files were installed. There was a pop-up after rebooting that I
needed to uninstall the files. I did this but there was a warning and a
whole long list of programs that it warned that may not function normally
after the uninstall. But, there was no choice that I could see other than to
do as recommended and uninstall.

Now my screen is not functioning normally. I suspect that the video driver
is having problems. It works, but it is "jumpy".

Then I tried to download the SP2 again and install and the same thing
happened again. The only choice was to uninstall again.

This is a many hour process.

What is the recommendation? What is the best way to get the files back that
were there previous to the SP2 partial installation since I don't know what
was installed or what was uninstalled or replaced?

Should I try once again to download and install the SP2?

TIA,
Linda
From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] on
Linda;
To get to the point previous to SP-2, use System Restore:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
Select Date/Time before this all started.

Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist to install SP-2:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Linda" <Linda(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If this is the incorrect newsgroup, I apologize and hope that you will
> direct
> me to the correct one.
>
> I tried to download/install the Service Pac 2 yesterday. About 45 min - 1
> hr into the installation, my computer hung and there was not progress.
> The
> only choice I had was to cancel the installation. But, that means that
> only
> some of the files were installed. There was a pop-up after rebooting that
> needed to uninstall the files. I did this but there was a warning and a
> whole long list of programs that it warned that may not function normally
> after the uninstall. But, there was no choice that I could see other than
> do as recommended and uninstall.
>
> Now my screen is not functioning normally. I suspect that the video
> driver
> is having problems. It works, but it is "jumpy".
>
> Then I tried to download the SP2 again and install and the same thing
> happened again. The only choice was to uninstall again.
>
> This is a many hour process.
>
> What is the recommendation? What is the best way to get the files back
> that
> were there previous to the SP2 partial installation since I don't know
> what
> was installed or what was uninstalled or replaced?
>
> Should I try once again to download and install the SP2?
>
> TIA,
> Linda

Pages: 1
Prev: Error number: 0x80072EFE