From: "Cheryl Sullivan" on
Hi there – I’m new to this news group. Any help with this is appreciated –

When I populate session vars from a MYSQL query, they are still there when I change pages. If I populate them from an MSSQL query, they drop.

It doesn't matter if I get to the next page using a header redirect or a form submit. I have two session vars I'm loading from a MYSQL query and they remain, the two loaded from MSSQL disappear.

I have confirmed that all four session vars are loading ok initially and I can echo them out to the page, but when the application moves to the next page via redirect or form submit, the two vars loaded from MSSQL are empty.

Any ideas?

Cheryl L. Sullivan
Interface Analyst / Web Developer

Sacred Heart Hospital (www.shh.org)
421 Chew Street • Allentown, PA 18102
Office: 610-776-4784 • Cell: 484-544-2416
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain information that is confidential and protected. It constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you believe that you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you.

From: "Cheryl Sullivan" on
Absolutely -

This is from the first page

<?php

$_SESSION['UserLastName'] = strtolower(trim($_POST['txtLastName']));

$_SESSION['BadgeID'] = trim($_POST['txtBadgeID']);

//access MS SQL Server database

$q1 = "select * from emps where emp_last =
'".$_SESSION['UserLastName']."' and emp_badge =
'".$_SESSION['BadgeID']."'";

$rs_emp_info = hitMSSQL($q1,"xxxx_sql","database","table","password",1);

$_SESSION['SSN'] = $rs_emp_info->fields("emp_ssn");

$_SESSION['CostCenter'] = $rs_emp_info->fields("emp_costcenter");

//access mySQL database

$cnx = mysql_connect("localhost","userID","password");

$db = mysql_select_db("database_name");

$q1 = "select * from tblmainempreport where empUUID =
'sdfsfs920090528131'";

$result = mysql_query($q1);

$recArray = mysql_fetch_array($result);

$_SESSION['empFName'] = $recArray['EmpFName'];

?>

When I echo all five $_SESSION vars from here, they are all populated.
Then I can either redirect or form post to the next page. In either
case, the $_SESSION vars populated from SQL Server ( the SSN and Cost
Center vars) are blank when I echo them on the destination page.

________________________________

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 10:11 -0400, Cheryl Sullivan wrote:

[...]

There should be no difference. Can we see some examples of the MySQL and
the MSSQL code to see what you're doing differently?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

> Hi there – I’m new to this news group. Any help with this is appreciated –
>
> When I populate session vars from a MYSQL query, they are still there when
> I change pages. If I populate them from an MSSQL query, they drop.
>
> It doesn't matter if I get to the next page using a header redirect or a form
> submit. I have two session vars I'm loading from a MYSQL query and they
> remain, the two loaded from MSSQL disappear.

What SQL Server version? What PHP extension are you using? MSSQL? sqlsrv?

Regards,
Tommy

From: "Cheryl Sullivan" on
SQL Server 8.00.818 - SP3 (Enterprise Edition)

Unfortunately I am fairly new to PHP and my boss just went home sick for
the day, so I don't know how to answer the question about the extension.
Can you tell me where I can find that?

> Hi there - I'm new to this news group. Any help with this is
appreciated -

> When I populate session vars from a MYSQL query, they are still there
when
> I change pages. If I populate them from an MSSQL query, they drop.
>
> It doesn't matter if I get to the next page using a header redirect or
a form
> submit. I have two session vars I'm loading from a MYSQL query and
they
> remain, the two loaded from MSSQL disappear.

What SQL Server version? What PHP extension are you using? MSSQL?
sqlsrv?

Regards,
Tommy

> I have confirmed that all four session vars are loading ok initially
and I can
> echo them out to the page, but when the application moves to the next
> page via redirect or form submit, the two vars loaded from MSSQL are
> empty.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Cheryl L. Sullivan
> Interface Analyst / Web Developer
>
> Sacred Heart Hospital (www.shh.org)
> 421 Chew Street * Allentown, PA 18102
> Office: 610-776-4784 * Cell: 484-544-2416 P Please consider the
environment
> before printing this e-mail
>

> Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain
> information that is confidential and protected. It constitutes
non-public
> information intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s). If
> you believe that you have received this communication in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete
this e-
> mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any
manner.
> The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
this
> e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Thank
> you.

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain information that is confidential and protected. It constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you believe that you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you.

> SQL Server 8.00.818 - SP3 (Enterprise Edition)

8? I think that's SQL 2000. If that's the case, you're 1 service pack
behind. The latest service pack for SQL 2000 is 4.

> Unfortunately I am fairly new to PHP and my boss just went home sick for
> the day, so I don't know how to answer the question about the extension.
> Can you tell me where I can find that?

phpinfo(); will give all the information pertaining to your PHP
environment.

Regards,
Tommy