From: The Frog on
Alrighty then.........

Form is rebuilt. Events are working. Setting the keycode = 0 at the
end if each desired keydown event option stops the subform getting the
focus. Final code as an example for the cursor down key on the KeyDown
event is as follows:

If lstProduct.ListCount = 0 Then Exit Sub
If lstProduct.ListIndex >= lstProduct.ListCount - 1 Then Exit
Sub
lstProduct.Selected(lstProduct.ListIndex + 1) = True
lstProduct.Value = lstProduct.Column(lstProduct.BoundColumn -
1, lstProduct.ListIndex)
txtProduct.SetFocus
txtProduct.Value = lstProduct.Column(0, lstProduct.ListIndex)
KeyCode = 0

Works perfectly

Thankyou for your help. I would never have guessed the keycode = 0
thing. It was also necessary to set the value property of the listbox
in the code so that the subform updated automatically (if anyone is
interested). If I didnt set this the subform didnt show the related
records.

Thankyou for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

The Frog
From: Stuart McCall on
"The Frog" <mr.frog.to.you(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Alrighty then.........
>
> Form is rebuilt. Events are working. Setting the keycode = 0 at the
> end if each desired keydown event option stops the subform getting the
> focus. Final code as an example for the cursor down key on the KeyDown
> event is as follows:
>
> If lstProduct.ListCount = 0 Then Exit Sub
> If lstProduct.ListIndex >= lstProduct.ListCount - 1 Then Exit
> Sub
> lstProduct.Selected(lstProduct.ListIndex + 1) = True
> lstProduct.Value = lstProduct.Column(lstProduct.BoundColumn -
> 1, lstProduct.ListIndex)
> txtProduct.SetFocus
> txtProduct.Value = lstProduct.Column(0, lstProduct.ListIndex)
> KeyCode = 0
>
> Works perfectly
>
> Thankyou for your help. I would never have guessed the keycode = 0
> thing. It was also necessary to set the value property of the listbox
> in the code so that the subform updated automatically (if anyone is
> interested). If I didnt set this the subform didnt show the related
> records.
>
> Thankyou for all your help, I really appreciate it.
>
> Cheers
>
> The Frog

You're very welcome.

Ah. a corrupt form. That certainly wouldn't help!

The reason I was able to guess re the KeyCode thing is because I can say
'been there, done that' (and now so can you). :-)

I suspect you've done a lot of work/re-work on that form. That's when Access
mucks it up, usually. So I routinely do:

Application.SaveAsText
Delete the form
Application.LoadFromText

every now and then, whether the form is acting strangely or not. Works for
me..

Glad you're up & running.