From: LuKreme on
On 8-Jun-2010, at 05:51, Ockleford Paul (NHS Connecting for Health) wrote:

> Thanks for the response, what I want to do is only allow one type of attachment through though. I have a service which processes attachments, so rather than give a list of disallowed attachments, I want to do the opposite and only give a list of allowed attachments. In this case only emails containing a .ecf attachment should be allowed through, nothing else, including emails without an attachment should be received.

I don't think you can reject emails based on their lack of an attachment with mime-header-checks as it will not check messages without mime headers.

Or is that not what you mean?

--
'Pardon me for living, I'm sure.' NO-ONE GETS PARDONED FOR LIVING.
--Mort

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Noel Jones put forth on 6/8/2010 8:58 AM:

> and while I've never met anyone named Wietse, I seem to remember seeing
> that name in the postfix copyright statement. His advice might be worth
> paying attention to.

https://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-wietse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wietse_Venema
http://www.porcupine.org/wietse/

If the fact that Dr. Venema is the father of Postfix alone isn't enough to get
government workers to listen to him WRT Postfix issues, they should also take
into account he has a Ph. D. in Physics and is an IBM researcher at the Thomas
J. Watson Research Center. Talk about credentials...WOW.

Summarily blowing off *free* advice from someone of this caliber is not a
prudent move. Nor is making potentially offensive statements that may land
one's emails in Wietse's /dev/null.

One may wish to take all of this into account, before making one's next post
to this list, or to Wietse.

--
Stan

From: Wietse Venema on
Stan Hoeppner:
> Noel Jones put forth on 6/8/2010 8:58 AM:
>
> > and while I've never met anyone named Wietse, I seem to remember seeing
> > that name in the postfix copyright statement. His advice might be worth
> > paying attention to.
>
> https://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-wietse
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wietse_Venema
> http://www.porcupine.org/wietse/
[etc]

Enough. I showed some irritation when he dismissed advice that I
spent 15 minutes on, and over-estimated the length of his fuse.

Wietse