From: DealTek on
newbie question:

Hi Folks,

I have a php / sql data recordset that has 200 names that I want to display in a 2 column display ( down on left then down on right side - not left right - left right).

So I can create a 2 column table. Then I need to split the data result in 2 parts - so part 1 (1-100 records) is on the left column and part 2 (101 - 200 records) is on the right column.

Q: I'm not quite sure how to split / display the records ... Is there some kind of internal sql rec number that I can monitor? What is the best way to set this up?

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek

From: chris h on
Dave I would look into something like the array_slice function.

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.array-slice.php

With this function you could create two arrays - one for the left column,
and one for the right column - and iterate through them simultaneously.

i.e. untested: given $allNames is an array with all 200 names....
------
$firstNameSet = array_slice($allNames, 0, 100);
$secondNameSet = array_slice($allNames, 100);

foreach ($firstNameSet as $key => $nameA) {
$nameB = $secondNameSet[$key];
}
-----

Alternatively you can use a nested query to pull the results in two sets
directly from the sql db.

Hope that helps
Chris.