From: Ron Herhuth on
I'm using Ajax Callbacks which require a webmethod attribute and require
that the method be declared as public shared. In order to access session
variable values I have to use httpcontext.cusrrent.session...

Isn't this a bad practice in a web application? Isn't there a possiblility
of session crossup?

What is the correct way to handle this scenerio?

Thanks,
Ron

From: Patrice on
Hi,

> Isn't this a bad practice in a web application? Isn't there a possiblility
> of session crossup?

HttpContext.Current is the context for the current request that is processed
by your code, not for some randol request that would run at the same time.

See also :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/byxd99hx(VS.71).aspx#vbtskusingwebmethodattributeenablesession

and you'll likely have to check for session timeouts o be on the safe side
but basically it should work...

--
Patrice