From: Wayne Tiffany on
I have finally picked this one up again.

Short version - no response to a remote control and the TV itself doesn't
have controls to change channel, volume, etc. It does power up, but is
stuck on channel 2, so nothing but snow on the screen.

I have traced a 200+Hz signal from the IR receptor to pin 19 of an IC when
using the remote. The chip is:

Sharp
X1674CE 761
91365A013

But I can't seem to find a datasheet on this chip to try to figure out its
output. Does anyone have any info that might help me? Or am I missing
something obvious? The fact that the owner said both remotes that she gave
me used to work just fine on the TV, and then they both quit operating it
leads me to think that the problem is not with the remotes.

WT

From: b on

Wayne Tiffany ha escrito:

> I have finally picked this one up again.
>
> Short version - no response to a remote control and the TV itself doesn't
> have controls to change channel, volume, etc. It does power up, but is
> stuck on channel 2, so nothing but snow on the screen.
>
> I have traced a 200+Hz signal from the IR receptor to pin 19 of an IC when
> using the remote. The chip is:
>
> Sharp
> X1674CE 761
> 91365A013
>
> But I can't seem to find a datasheet on this chip to try to figure out its
> output. Does anyone have any info that might help me? Or am I missing
> something obvious? The fact that the owner said both remotes that she gave
> me used to work just fine on the TV, and then they both quit operating it
> leads me to think that the problem is not with the remotes.
>
> WT

before jumping in there let's start with the simple.
Get a crappy portable Am radio or use a clock radio-alarm for example.
detune it. put fresh batteries in the remotes and see if you get some
bleeps when you press the remote next to the radio. that ought to help
eliminate the remotes - if you hear sound they're probably emitting ok
( the frequency may have drifted, tho' i only saw this happen once in
10 years!). report findings please.
-B.

From: Wayne Tiffany on
I will try it - thanks. But I also figured that if, as stated, I am seeing
the 200+Hz pulse output going from the IR receptor to the chip, that should
be evidence enough that the remote is outputting, and also that the receptor
is seeing it and responding. Is this not correct?

WT

From: Wayne Tiffany on
Ok, tried the radio check and both remotes have beating hearts. Next
thoughts? Anyone run across a datasheet for that chip?

WT