From: Cristian Ispas on
Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:
> The Shoes/SQL IRC log was someone else, not me (I'm krainboltgreene).
>
> I think what I'll take from this thread is that if I want to use Shoes
> for GUI development (And I do) I'm going to need to talk to the
> developers directly and help where I can.
>
> I appreciate the responses.

Shoes is offered as a class at http://www.rubylearning.org/class/ at
"courses coming soon" section (this month).
I am interested to start this Shoes class. How do you distribute a
Shoe applicatioin for Win users that do not have Shoes or Ruby
installed?
Cristian

From: Steve Klabnik on

> I am interested to start this Shoes class. How do you distribute a
> Shoe applicatioin for Win users that do not have Shoes or Ruby
> installed?

You can distribute your application as a binary by running 'rake
APP=/path/to/your/app installer'. This requires a certain directory setup,
which there currently isn't any documentation for. This is how I build
HacketyHack.

Writing said documentation is on my to-do list.