From: "Bruce Martin" on
In calc, as in many spreadsheets, each cell can be independently protected
to several different degrees.

If the sheet is protected, you will need the password to unlock that
information.

When I do a spreadsheet as a commercial service, I sometimes lock the
sheets, and hide the formulas, depending on how the deal was negotiated.

Otherwise I use a pale yellow background on the cells that should not be
edited to warn users against inadvertently corrupting formulae that may be
very complex.

Cheers all

Bruce Martin from Canada.