From: Aurimas L on

Hello,

have You found a solution for handwriten signature on the document? I am
also looking for such solution for one PHP application. :) By the way, the
signature must be created on mobile touchscreen as application is for smart
phones.

Thank You,

Aurimas

Ashley Sheridan-3 wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 20:07 -0700, nashrul wrote:
>
>> Hi...
>> I'm thinking about a document management system that can put user
>> signature
>> on the created digital document. Here's the app-flow I can imagine ...
>> My php application creates a pdf document.
>> The pdf document is displayed to user.
>> Using the digital pen, the user will put his/her signature on this
>> document.
>> or Using the touch screen, the user will put his/her signature.
>> The pdf document with the user signature is saved to the db.
>> Has anyone done this before ??
>> Thanks
>> --
>>

> A signature in a document is just an image. I've seen plenty of Flash
> apps which allow a user to draw something which is then saved as an
> image. You could then use this image file and either re-create the PDF
> document (easiest) or attempt to edit it and add the image in.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

> have You found a solution for handwriten signature on the document? I am
> also looking for such solution for one PHP application. :) By the way, the
> signature must be created on mobile touchscreen as application is for smart
> phones.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Aurimas
>

> Ashley Sheridan-3 wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 20:07 -0700, nashrul wrote:
> >
> >> Hi...
> >> I'm thinking about a document management system that can put user
> >> signature on the created digital document. Here's the app-flow I can
> >> imagine ...
> >> My php application creates a pdf document.
> >> The pdf document is displayed to user.
> >> Using the digital pen, the user will put his/her signature on this
> >> document.
> >> or Using the touch screen, the user will put his/her signature.
> >> The pdf document with the user signature is saved to the db.
> >> Has anyone done this before ??
> >> Thanks
> >> --
> >> archive at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > A signature in a document is just an image. I've seen plenty of Flash
> > apps which allow a user to draw something which is then saved as an
> > image. You could then use this image file and either re-create the PDF
> > document (easiest) or attempt to edit it and add the image in.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ash
> > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Digital copy of signature is recipe for identity theft crisis :) If you're doing ecommerce or related, you may want to look into PCI compliance...

Regards,
Tommy

From: Bastien Koert on
We use a signature pad and dll from m2sys for something similar to
this. It captures the signature, then creates a hash of the signature
to store in the db.

The only mobile app that I know that uses it is Square which is a
mobile payment system.

Sent from my mobile device

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat