From: Dave G on
I have an application in Access 2003 which opens MS Word document
files using Automation. I now need to be able to open those docs as
read-only for certain users.

When I say read-only I'm thinking of something that just opens the doc
so that it can be viewed, and then closed. Simple as that. No menus,
no toolbars, just a close button. These users must not be able to do
anything naughty - apart from see the doc.

I've tried opening Word as read only, but there are all sorts of ways
of messing things up, like Save As and so on. Similarly with the Word
Viewer - to me it has loopholes for users to mess things up.

Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks
Dave
From: Roger on
On Jul 15, 10:08 am, "Dave G @ K2" <davegriffith...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an application in Access 2003 which opens MS Word document
> files using Automation. I now need to be able to open those docs as
> read-only for certain users.
>
> When I say read-only I'm thinking of something that just opens the doc
> so that it can be viewed, and then closed. Simple as that. No menus,
> no toolbars, just a close button. These users must not be able to do
> anything naughty - apart from see the doc.
>
> I've tried opening Word as read only, but there are all sorts of ways
> of messing things up, like Save As and so on. Similarly with the Word
> Viewer - to me it has loopholes for users to mess things up.
>
> Anyone know of a solution?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

print it to a pdf printer (cutePDF) ?
From: Mark Andrews on
Perhaps:
http://www.officeocx.com/Word_ActiveX.htm

I just did a search for "word viewer ocx"

I never used this product.

HTH,
Mark Andrews
RPT Software