From: Going Crazy with excel on
I have a column of numbers. Looking for an array formula that will identify
and highlite the "highest" three values. Does such an animal exist?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Here's 2 ways and both assume your data are in A1:A20.

Put this in a cell and drag down to get the 3 largest numbers
=LARGE($A$1:$A$20,ROW(A1))

Or with conditional formatting. Select the range A1:A20

and apply a conditional format of
=A1=LARGE($A$1:$A$20,1)
Set your colour

Add a second CF of
=A1=LARGE($A$1:$A$20,2)

And a third of
=A1=LARGE($A$1:$A$20,3)

--
Mike

question.

From: Going Crazy with excel on
Think you are on the right track, but I am dumb. Probably want to go with
the conditional formula. Numbers are in column "B" running from B2 thru B21.
Where do I put the formula? In cell "B2"

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Yes, but of course you'd have to select the range B2:B21 and use the CF
"formula is" of
=B2=LARGE($B$2:$B$21,1)
=B2=LARGE($B$2:$B$21,2)
=B2=LARGE($B$2:$B$21,3)
--
David Biddulph

From: Going Crazy with excel on
Confused. Really dumb today.
"select" meaning "highlite"?
Use the "CF" formula? CF meaning?
Formula itself entered on the formula bar?