From: Roger 2008 on
To those using Skyfire you have probably seen the following

http://www.skyfire.com/newsletter/feb_2010/index.html

I see they finally added something I've been waiting for where it says:
Full high resolution support: Skyfire now provides native support for the
high-resolution VGA and wVGA screens found on many newer phones.

And the VGA support works great. The fine print on my Touch Diamond now
looks like fine print on a VGA screen instead of fine print on a QVGA
screen.

But there is one odd thing. I just upgraded my Skyfire browser and then
went to youtube.com and I see a message on the top that says:
"Your browser will be unsupported soon.
Please upgrade to a moder browser."

Then if you click on a video at youtube.com it says:
"On March 13, we are dropping support for your browser. You'll still be able
to watch videos after that date, but new features may not work properly."

Sure am glad I won't have to upgrade my Skyfire browser for youtube but I
hope the Skyfire team gets their Skyfire Server to be recognized as one of
the supported browsers.

BTW Youtube videos look great with the VGA support.

From: mike on
Roger 2008 wrote:
> To those using Skyfire you have probably seen the following
>
> http://www.skyfire.com/newsletter/feb_2010/index.html
>
> I see they finally added something I've been waiting for where it says:
> Full high resolution support: Skyfire now provides native support for the
> high-resolution VGA and wVGA screens found on many newer phones.
>
> And the VGA support works great. The fine print on my Touch Diamond now
> looks like fine print on a VGA screen instead of fine print on a QVGA
> screen.
>
> But there is one odd thing. I just upgraded my Skyfire browser and then
> went to youtube.com and I see a message on the top that says:
> "Your browser will be unsupported soon.
> Please upgrade to a moder browser."
>
> Then if you click on a video at youtube.com it says:
> "On March 13, we are dropping support for your browser. You'll still be able
> to watch videos after that date, but new features may not work properly."
>
> Sure am glad I won't have to upgrade my Skyfire browser for youtube but I
> hope the Skyfire team gets their Skyfire Server to be recognized as one of
> the supported browsers.
>
> BTW Youtube videos look great with the VGA support.

I tried it on an Axim X51v. Zooms in good. I couldn't figure out how
to get it zoomed OUT far enough to read Craigslist without horizontal
scrolling...pita.
From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
That's because they're still using an "old" Firefox browser in the server
(whose image is shown on the client side); hence the warning. Hope they
indeed update it.

BTW, I've thoroughly tested the latest version of SkyFire. It works just
great - streaming with sound works absolutely fine too here (Finland).