From: shplink on
I am thinking about installing Skype on my Apple machine (OS X Panther)
or Linux (Mandrake 10.1)

Does anyone have any experience with this VoIP app? I have friends
overseas and it sounds tempting, but when I googled it I noticed some
concerns from some administrators regarding the "secrecy" of its network
demands, and a foggy EULA.

Any tips would be appreciated!
From: Jeremy on
I use http://www.bitwisecommunications.com to talk computer-to-computer.
Encrypted voice and text. No advertising. Free for personal use.

From: MX on
Try Dialpad chameleon it is better for sound and maybe cheaper...tell me
about it if you try it.

From: shplink on
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:12:28 GMT, MX <mx(a)fastermail.com> wrote:

>Try Dialpad chameleon it is better for sound and maybe cheaper...tell me
> about it if you try it.
>
>shplink wrote:
>> I am thinking about installing Skype on my Apple machine (OS X Panther)
>> or Linux (Mandrake 10.1)
>>
>SNIP

Thanks Jeremy and MX,
just an FYI -Skype is free.

I haven't gotten any real specific negative input, so I gave it a shot
on my Mac. Works well, no complaints, just still a little nervous
about security, but .... so far so good!

the alt.privacy.spyware FAQ:
http://shplink.com/misc/FAQ.htm

Pages: 1
Next: ISSCH.exe & ISUSPM.exe?