From: Peter Chant on
Thanks to all for Slackware64-current. Thanks to the slackware team.

My machine with its on board HD3200 based graphics was not a happy bunny
with Slackware64-13.0. Swapped to current where X.org now supports this
card without proprietary drivers and all is sweetness and light. Not been
running long enough to properly comment on stability - but it is looking
good so far. Don't know if KDE 4.3.5 is part of the reason for improved
stability, but it works fine. Composting works fine and I know it can
thought of as eye candy - but some things seem rather useful - like "present
windows". So it is not just for making things look pretty.

Thanks also to everyone at slackbuilds and Eric Hamleers for his stuff
including multilib. Also Ponce's sbo-git repository - it had packages for
slack64-current for stuff I could not get to build.
(http://github.com/Ponce/SBo-git)

Thank you to whoever produced the script I used to create the slackware64-
current iso.

Also worth thanking David Spencer and cspeil at gmane.comp.misc.ptx for
updating the mercurial version of enblend-enfuse when I had build problems.
(libpng issue).

Although I suppose the usual warnings that the slackware-current might have
broken stuff are needed - which has kept me away from it up till now- I'm
finding everything is working nice and smoothly here.

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
From: Grant on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:33:25 +0100, Peter Chant <peteRE(a)MpeteOzilla.Vco.ukE> wrote:

>Thanks to all for Slackware64-current. Thanks to the slackware team.
>
>My machine with its on board HD3200 based graphics was not a happy bunny
>with Slackware64-13.0. Swapped to current where X.org now supports this
>card without proprietary drivers and all is sweetness and light. Not been
>running long enough to properly comment on stability - but it is looking
>good so far. Don't know if KDE 4.3.5 is part of the reason for improved

>stability, but it works fine. Composting works fine and I know it can
.. ^^^^^^^^^^--> I never though of slackware
as a gardening aid before :)

Grant.
--
http://bugs.id.au/
From: Glyn Millington on
Grant <omg(a)grrr.id.au> writes:

,----
| > On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:33:25 +0100, Peter Chant <peteRE(a)MpeteOzilla.Vco.ukE> wrote:
| >
| >>stability, but it works fine. Composting works fine and I know it can
| > . ^^^^^^^^^^--> I never though of slackware
| > as a gardening aid before :)
| >
| > Grant.
`----

If we are still generating modquotes????? that HAS to be one of them!

atb

Glyn
--
RTFM http://www.tldp.org/index.html