From: Simon on
I have a access database with a MYSQL back end running on our own
server. It runs very well on one PC but on another PC in the same
office its runs very slow

What could be wrong????

What can i try to speed it up

Thanks

sImon
From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Are both machines running the same version/services of Access? My guess would
be that this is a networking problem, not an Access problem.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Please don't post duplicate threads! It 's a violation of etiquette both here
and on all other newsgroups/forums!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: Jerry Whittle on
I'd start by tuning up the problem computer. Turn on Task Manager and see
what apps are eating up CPU cycles. If the computer stays on 24/7, reboot it
and see if that helps. Also temporarily disable the virus checker to see if
that improves things.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Simon" wrote:

> I have a access database with a MYSQL back end running on our own
> server. It runs very well on one PC but on another PC in the same
> office its runs very slow
>
> What could be wrong????
>
> What can i try to speed it up
>

> Thanks