From: M Skabialka on
I went to sync my smart phone to my PC last night and windows tells me the
USB device I just inserted is not recognizable. I tried the other USB
ports - no luck. In Active Sync the phone is greyed out.
How can I diagnose the problem?

From: News on
M Skabialka wrote:
> I went to sync my smart phone to my PC last night and windows tells me the
> USB device I just inserted is not recognizable. I tried the other USB
> ports - no luck. In Active Sync the phone is greyed out.
> How can I diagnose the problem?

Reboot PC, soft-reset phone, re-sync and report back.
From: M Skabialka on
I have shut-down and rebooted both the phone and the PC.

From: r_z_aret on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:55:32 -0500, "M Skabialka"
<mskabialka(a)NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:

>I went to sync my smart phone to my PC last night and windows tells me the
>USB device I just inserted is not recognizable. I tried the other USB
>ports - no luck. In Active Sync the phone is greyed out.
>How can I diagnose the problem?

I don't have an answer. But you might get one in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: M Skabialka on
I will post there- thanks

<r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:55:32 -0500, "M Skabialka"
> <mskabialka(a)NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:
>
>>I went to sync my smart phone to my PC last night and windows tells me the
>>USB device I just inserted is not recognizable. I tried the other USB
>>ports - no luck. In Active Sync the phone is greyed out.
>>How can I diagnose the problem?
>
> I don't have an answer. But you might get one in
> microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
> please indicate which newsgroup and message).
>
> Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
> PenFact, Inc.
> 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
> Boston, MA 02116