From: Peter Hickman on

Interesting. Does it correctly orient images? There is a flag in the EXIF
data that tells you which orientation the picture was taken in. So if you
turn your camera from landscape to portrait the flag is set. This was the
thumbnail would be the right way up (even if the image file was not).

From: Tony Arcieri on

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Peter Hickman <
peterhickman386(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> Interesting. Does it correctly orient images? There is a flag in the EXIF
> data that tells you which orientation the picture was taken in. So if you
> turn your camera from landscape to portrait the flag is set. This was the
> thumbnail would be the right way up (even if the image file was not).

Offhand I can't say... I'd need to write a spec for it.

I would like to provide consistent semantics across all of the backend
canvas libraries (RMagick and Java AWT/Graphics2D for the time being) and
that's something worth checking out.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand