From: Roman Rumian on
Hello,

many people like netbooks, but smartbooks are smarter. ;-)
The problem (?) is that, as I know, smartbooks cannot run windows OS,
neccessary to run my DSP tools (not x86 architecture).
Do you use smart/net-books ?
Native software tools for smartbooks seem to be also interesting for DSP
purposes: ARM Cortex family has high DSP power, is relatively cheap, and
extremely well equipped with peripherals.
http://beagleboard.org/
What are your opinion ?

Regards

Roman Rumian

From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Roman Rumian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> many people like netbooks, but smartbooks are smarter. ;-)
> The problem (?) is that, as I know, smartbooks cannot run windows OS,
> neccessary to run my DSP tools (not x86 architecture).
> Do you use smart/net-books ?
> Native software tools for smartbooks seem to be also interesting for DSP
> purposes: ARM Cortex family has high DSP power, is relatively cheap, and
> extremely well equipped with peripherals.
> http://beagleboard.org/
> What are your opinion ?

Somebody has too much of spare time for nonsense.

VLV

From: Roman Rumian on
Vladimir,

W dniu 2009-12-17 19:16, Vladimir Vassilevsky pisze:
(...)
> Somebody has too much of spare time for nonsense.

what is a nonsense ?

Using small, leight computer visiting my customers, requesting DSP
algorithm tuning ?

Or ARM based audio devices ?

;-)

Regards

Roman Rumian
From: Tim Wescott on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:56:18 +0100, Roman Rumian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> many people like netbooks, but smartbooks are smarter. ;-) The problem
> (?) is that, as I know, smartbooks cannot run windows OS, neccessary to
> run my DSP tools (not x86 architecture). Do you use smart/net-books ?
> Native software tools for smartbooks seem to be also interesting for DSP
> purposes: ARM Cortex family has high DSP power, is relatively cheap, and
> extremely well equipped with peripherals. http://beagleboard.org/
> What are your opinion ?

Linux, Scilab. Post something when you get it all working.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Roman Rumian on
W dniu 2009-12-18 03:12, Tim Wescott pisze:
(...)
> Linux, Scilab. Post something when you get it all working.

Thank you, Tim. :-)
I am afraid of non-windows debuggers for Freescale or AD signal processors.

Merry Christmas !

Roman Rumian