From: Bianca Gibson on
Yeah. Just download and install. I'm assuming you are still using xp
and not just used to it..? Not intended to mock, just checking.

On 1 April 2010 07:37, Peter Vorum <peter_vorum(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm used to Microsoft XP. I need a PowerPoint replacement for my laptop, to let me travel and show some slides. Do I just download version 3??? and run it?
>

> Peter Vorum
>
> Fairborn, OH

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Tony Pursell" on
Hi Peter

OpenOffice.org Impress will give you what you want.

There may be a few compatability issues if you are constantly
importing .ppt files from PowerPoint and saving as .ppt to be used by
PowerPoint. But if you are using it standalone on your laptop, you will
not have any problems, especially if you save in OpenOffice.org's
own .odp format.

Just make sure that you download from the OpenOffice.org official
site

http://www.openoffice.org

Tony

From: Michael Adams on
On Thursday 01 April 2010 08:37, Peter Vorum wrote:
> I'm used to Microsoft XP. I need a PowerPoint replacement for my laptop, to
> let me travel and show some slides. Do I just download version 3??? and run
> it?

Yep, The presentation manager replacement part of OpenOffice.org is Impress.
http://www.openoffice.org/product/impress.html
It will work with most powerpoint slide-shows, and has it's own international
standard ODP format (Open Document Presentation). It is a part of
OpenOffice.org and cannot realistically be installed separately.

BTW - Microsoft XP does not come with PowerPoint, Microsoft Office does.
OpenOffice.org will work on XP as well as Office does, in fact you can have
both Office and OpenOffice.org running side by side.

HTH

--
Michael

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org