From: "Dr. Rainer Kaluscha" on
Am 03.08.2010 14:14, schrieb Matt Hayes:
> On 8/3/2010 4:50 AM, Dr. Rainer Kaluscha wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we had a mail loop for one user so postfix put all his mails in the
>> deferred queue:
>>
>> to=<user(a)localhost.intern>, status=SOFTBOUNCE (mail forwarding loop for
>> user(a)localhost.intern)
>>
>> Then we removed his .forward file so the mail loop issue was resolved.
>> However, postfix keeps the mails in the deferred queue still giving the
>> error message above, though local delivery is possible now.
>>

> Look at man postsuper and reference the -r option
>
> -Matt

Requeueing on its own didn't do the trick (the message appeared with a new message id and the
same error message). However, I used /etc/postfix/canonical to rewrite user(a)localhost.intern to
new_user(a)localhost.intern. After that, requeueing via postsuper delivered the mail to new_user
so it could be forwarded to the original recipient.

So your hint lead the way - thanks a lot.

Yours, Rainer