From: Justin Park on
Sometimes when I am working on an already generated package,
the python shell cannot perceive the presence of an attribute that I
implemented on top of what was there.

Is there a way to have it perceive newly created attributes?

Thanks,
Justin.
From: Justin Park on
Sorry, my mistake.

The real problem is this.
When I started working on the package, somehow all of indentations were
made by space-bars instead of using tabs.
But when I am implementing my own on top of it, I still use tabs to make
indentations.

This is causing a problem.
I have to either conform to their style and change all my tabs to the
space-bars making up those spaces,
or change all indentations in the previous implementations by tabs.
But both the previous implementations and what I am going to do are also
so large that either way is not going to be efficient.

What can I do in order to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Justin.

From: Steve Holden on
Justin Park wrote:
> Sorry, my mistake.
>
> The real problem is this.
> When I started working on the package, somehow all of indentations were
> made by space-bars instead of using tabs.
> But when I am implementing my own on top of it, I still use tabs to make
> indentations.
>
> This is causing a problem.
> I have to either conform to their style and change all my tabs to the
> space-bars making up those spaces,
> or change all indentations in the previous implementations by tabs.
> But both the previous implementations and what I am going to do are also
> so large that either way is not going to be efficient.
>
> What can I do in order to resolve this issue?

You might try Googling for "expandtabs". This isn't a new problem,
though I agree it can be very vexing when it's new to you ;-)

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pycon.blip.tv/

From: Aahz on
In article <mailman.1341.1269989861.23598.python-list(a)python.org>,
Justin Park <hp6(a)rice.edu> wrote:

>The real problem is this. When I started working on the package,
>somehow all of indentations were made by space-bars instead of using
>tabs. But when I am implementing my own on top of it, I still use tabs
>to make indentations.

Stop using TAB. Allowing TAB was a mistake. Spaces are the One True
Way when formatting Python code.
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

--Bill Harlan