From: brucedodds2 on
I'm designing a report based on a totals query, which is in turn based
on a pass-through query (SQL Server 2005).

For some reason design view in Access 2007 doesn't permit sorting &
grouping on some of the columns. The missing columns are simple text
Group By columns in the datasource, similar to others that are can be
selected as Group by columns in the report. They just aren't shown as
choices in "Add a group" within Group & Sort.

Any ideas on the reason?
From: brucedodds2 on
On Mar 19, 3:35 pm, brucedodds2 <bruce.do...(a)fmglobal.com> wrote:
> I'm designing a report based on a totals query, which is in turn based
> on a pass-through query (SQL Server 2005).
>
> For some reason design view in Access 2007 doesn't permit sorting &
> grouping on some of the columns.  The missing columns are simple text
> Group By columns in the datasource, similar to others that are can be
> selected as Group by columns in the report.  They just aren't shown as
> choices in "Add a group" within Group & Sort.
>
> Any ideas on the reason?

The reason was that Access was identifying the missing columns as memo
rather than text.