From: suestew on
Dear Math People: I have an Excel sheet of 120 pages, with 5 cards on each
page with a total of 600 cards. I am going to Office Max where they will make
a total of 5 cuts. I need to figure out how to sort my cards (they are
numbered 1-600 accordingly) so that when they make the cuts and then stack
the 5 piles one on top of the other, they will be in order 1-600. Any takers?
From: Pete_UK on
I'm not sure I understand fully - do you mean 120 pages (from one
worksheet) when printed? Do your 5 cards per page appear under each
other, so that you will have a right (or left) margin to crop off, and
then four horizontal cuts to separate the cards?

If so, then you will want to top stack to be numbered 1 to 120, the
second stack 121 to 240, the middle stack 241 to 360, the fourth stack
361 to 480 and the lower stack 481 to 600. So, on page 1 you will want
the cards numbered 1, 121, 241, 361 and 481, and then on your second
(and subsequent) page you will want to increment the numbers from the

Hope this helps.

Pete