From: JazzySinatra on
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to sort tables that consist of more
than one row in Excel 2003.
It is like a checklist of things that need to be done, but in date order.
Some dates have more than one task, so some tables have more rows than others
and I need to figure out how to sort everything in date order but keep the
tables together. Is it possible to do this? Thanks
From: Gord Dibben on
Not without filling the dates into the empty cells.

Easiest method is select the date column and F5>Special>Blanks>OK

Type an = sign into active blank cell the point or arrow to cell above.

Hit CRTL + Enter to fill blanks.

Copy the column and in place paste special>values>ok>esc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP