From: James Edward Gray II on
On Nov 17, 2009, at 1:49 PM, John Mcleod wrote:

> So to delete or remove say additional special characters, you would add
> additional characters to the range?
>
> h.tr(" ", "_").delete("^a-zA-Z0-9_#$-")

As I said in my last message, the leading ^ means NOT. Thus, I deleted all characters that are NOT letters, numbers, or underscores. That includes characters like #, $, and -. Your change added those characters to the list NOT to delete, so they would now be skipped.

James Edward Gray II
From: John Mcleod on
Thanks for all the help.
After reading your posts and reading "FasterCSV" docs, I'm starting to
understand better.
This issue is solved.
Now on to another, thus a different post on a different FasterCSV
problem.

Thank you James.