From: John on
Just getting around to Office 2007. Yes, Excel is slower (so is
Access - bit).

I think the graph problem is related to dates on the X-axis. All of my
spreedsheets are populated with data from access databases. I simply
use Excel to make graphs. In Excel 2003, there is an X-axis date column
phenomenon where a date will sometimes be represented as a "number" and
sometimes as a "date" (this shows up in 2003 in how the x-axis "format"
shows the ranges). The "number dates" work differently than "date
dates". It appears to me that Excel 2007 is having problems with these
"number dates".

I've got spreadsheets of roughly 20 - 30k rows. Some are graphed as
quickly as in 2003. But (so far) the ones that are slow have the
"number dates" on the X-axis.