From: Raymond Del Tondo on
Hello all,

thank you for your patience.

SpeedUI 9.08 is a bugfix release only,
but it's strongly recommended to update
from an older version, since the v 9.08
fixes some display and keyboard related bugs,
as well as one serious bug in the MsgBox library,
which caused a crash.

Many thanks to the users who submitted the bug reports:-)

The new SpeedUI 9.08 package has just been uploaded to
www.hpcalc.org
and
www.hpmuseum.org

It may take some time until hpcalc.org will be updated,
so the alternative route is to download SpeedUI 9.08
from the HP Museum of calculators.
Here's the direct link:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/deltondo/sui_908.zip

For those who don't know SpeedUI,
please take a look into the overview PDF:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/deltondo/speedui.pdf

Have fun:-)

Raymond

From: Janek Kozicki on
you rock! New version is 20kB smaller!

Is it possible to sort alphabetically dirs and variables with your
memory browser?

Is it possible to change how the directory path is displayed in UI ?
For example I have string displayed {HOME TOOLS} and I want /home/
tools or /HOME/TOOLS instead.

thanks a lot. I must read your manual :)
Janek Kozicki
From: Han on
First, I would like to say "Thank you!" for continuing to update
SpeedUI. Though I do not use all of the components due to RAM
constraints (although I have tried them all), the ones I do use
(CF.LIB and UI.LIB) are wonderful!

I have learned quite a lot about SOLs from your RPL48 source, the Java
source (to which you also contributed), and the Jazz source. However,
the key handling in SSTK and Java are very basic compared to that in
S4/6. S4/6 essentially rewrites the original ROM objects GetKeyOb and
DoKeyOb. I think that there is a lot to learn from the methods you
used for handling keys within the S4/6 SOL. Do you know if you will
release the source to SpeedUI (in particular CF.LIB and UI.LIB) in the
future? I think it would be a great learning tool for those who are
still interested in programming on the HP48 (e.g. me =) Well,
regardless, I just want to say once more "Thank you" for writing
SpeedUI.

Best wishes,
Han

P.S. One more thing: I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but
SpeedUI and Jazz's SSTK are not compatible. Not there is any reason to
run SSTK since SpeedUI now supports Jazz decompilation. However, I
have found that even after changing SSTK's entry and exit code (to
account for entry/exit via the editline), SSTK still crashes when
exiting from the library menu. The same goes for even a basic SOL
(e.g. SysOuterLoop code with modification to account for entry/exit
via editline like that in Java'). The other way around shows no
problems (e.g. you can run S4/6 within EQSTK or within SSTK and exit
S4/6 via any manner without problems). My guess is that (_if_ there is
a bug of some sort) it may be from how menu objects are executed from
within S4/6's custom key handler. Anyway, this is probably not an
issue since it is rare to run several SOLs on top of each other. I
have not tested if this is true for ParOuterLoops.
From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:07:03 -0600, Janek Kozicki wrote:

> Is it possible to sort alphabetically dirs and variables
> with your memory browser?

Do you want to actually re-arrange the order in storage?

The following example arranges any current directory
with all sub-directories first,
then all other variables sorted by name:

15 TVARS VARS SORT + ORDER

Faster VARS for HP48 S/G:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/70c1b543572a0e59

For a faster ORDER, use ORD from the HP48 S/G "Hack" library:
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2453
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/utils/memory/ord.zip

[r->] [OFF]
From: Janek Kozicki on
Great! Now I can sort stuff quickly :)

Another question about UI part:

1. the display of symbolic matrices. With erable I can create a matrix
like { { X 7 } { 8 9 } } and invert it without any problems. But all I
see on stack are those raw strings, like: { { X 7 } { 8 9 } }, or that
matrix but inverted (a much more complex looking string). Can I ask
SpeedUI to display a nice grob of that matrix? Or is there any other
way to achieve this?

2. viewing grobs of large equations. I have a large equation on stack,
I see a small part of a very nicely looking grob of this equation. So
I want to scroll that grob (and this grob is already in memory, I just
see a part of it). How can I do that? When I press LS+VIEW, I have to
wait until equation writer starts, and shows that equation but with
very big letters, and I see even less of that equation because it has
big letters now.

3. Sometimes I want to convert a number back to some symbol, eg. I
have a 0.606530659713, but I want to see e^(-0.5), or EXP(-0.5). Or a
simple PI*SQRT(2) instead of its number approximation. I remember that
there was something like QPI.LIB for that. Does SpeedUI (Erable?) have
that too? But it has to be invoked on demand, not always... And it
should work on numbers embedded inside large equations and symbolic
matrices.

Currently I have installed "only" Erable and SpeedUI (both complete).
Also I managed to pick the *.LIB files in such order that port1 is
filled 100% (only 3 bytes are left unused!). I have to use port1
unmerged, because that is the requirement for Erable to install it.

I'm still reading the SpeedUI and Erable manual, so my apologies if my
questions are answered within manuals. If they are, just tell me rtfm,
and I'll gladly do :)

best regards
Janek Kozicki