From: Nathan Niewohner on
The business that i help program is running with alot of access programs and
many of them seem to be extremely slow when they are using linked tables.
what are some possible solutions for this situation?
Thanks,

Nathan
From: Jerry Whittle on
What are the linked to? Other Access databases or some other database such as
SQL Server or Oracle?

If another database, look into creating views in them that gathers up the
data especially if there are table joins. Also research pass-through queries
where the work in done on the database server and not Access.

If linked to other Access databases, then proper indexing of the correct
fields can make a difference.

Tony Toews has some suggestions. Check out:
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Nathan Niewohner on
We are currently running make table queries to copy the information to the
program we are using so we dont have to be tied to the server at all times.