From: Robert L. Oldershaw on

Increasing observational evidence supports the concept that galaxy
spin axes can undergo large changes in orientation on relatively short
Galactic Scale timescales, when galaxies interact.

See: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100721145103.htm

Since Discrete Scale Relativity argues that subatomic particles/nuclei
and galaxies are discrete self-similar analogues whose physics is
fully equivalent except for the mass and space-time scales involved,
these observational results were anticipated.

Eventually we should see a large enough sample of galactic spin
changes to test the discreteness in the spin orientations, which is
predicted definitively by Discrete Scale Relativity.

Dogs may now start barking.

RLO
www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw
From: oen on
On Jul 22, 6:41 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
wrote:
> Increasing observational evidence supports the concept that galaxy
> spin axes can undergo large changes in orientation on relatively short
> Galactic Scale timescales, when galaxies interact.
>
> See:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100721145103.htm
>
> Since Discrete Scale Relativity argues that subatomic particles/nuclei
> and galaxies are discrete self-similar analogues whose physics is
> fully equivalent except for the mass and space-time scales involved,
> these observational results were anticipated.
>
> Eventually we should see a large enough sample of galactic spin
> changes to test the discreteness in the spin orientations, which is
> predicted definitively by Discrete Scale Relativity.
>
> Dogs may now start barking.
>
> RLOwww.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw

speculations, this is some kind of your opinion, which is wrong

never trust the things you see mirrored
through the mirrors of a big telescope

good bye
From: dlzc on
Dear Robert L. Oldershaw:

On Jul 22, 9:41 am, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
wrote:
> Increasing observational evidence supports the
> concept that galaxy spin axes can undergo large
> changes in orientation on relatively short
> Galactic Scale timescales, when galaxies interact.
>
> See:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100721145103.htm
>
> Since Discrete Scale Relativity argues that
> subatomic particles/nuclei and galaxies are discrete
> self-similar analogues whose physics is fully
> equivalent except for the mass and space-time
> scales involved, these observational results were
> anticipated.
>
> Eventually we should see a large enough sample
> of galactic spin changes to test the discreteness
> in the spin orientations, which is predicted definitively
> by Discrete Scale Relativity.
>
> Dogs may now start barking.

The dogs will point out that the black hole spin axis is not the spin
axis of the galaxy as you have claimed above. Then they might point
out that magnetars or (more likely) changes in galactic magnetic
fields can produce the effects you point to so proudly.

But not me. I think your theory makes for excellent Charmin'
substitute.

David A. Smith
From: Don Stockbauer on
On Jul 22, 12:11 pm, oen <oen...(a)job4u.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 6:41 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
> wrote:
>

> > Increasing observational evidence supports the concept that galaxy
> > spin axes can undergo large changes in orientation on relatively short
> > Galactic Scale timescales, when galaxies interact.
>
> > See:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100721145103.htm
>
> > Since Discrete Scale Relativity argues that subatomic particles/nuclei
> > and galaxies are discrete self-similar analogues whose physics is
> > fully equivalent except for the mass and space-time scales involved,
> > these observational results were anticipated.
>
> > Eventually we should see a large enough sample of galactic spin
> > changes to test the discreteness in the spin orientations, which is
> > predicted definitively by Discrete Scale Relativity.
>
> > Dogs may now start barking.
>
> > RLOwww.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw
>
> speculations, this is some kind of your opinion, which is wrong
>
>        never trust the things you see mirrored
>        through the mirrors of a big telescope
>
> good bye-

Especially if the mirror has 6 chips knocked out of it by a six-
shooter weilded by an irate astronomer.
From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 23, 1:25 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> It'll probably be insipid while not touching on a damn thing I said. Just
> like your response here, and every other one you've made to date.
>

> Let's see...
>
> Estimates of the Milky Way's mass are in the neighborhood of 10^12 solar
> masses.
>
> Measurements of the black hole at Sgr. A* give a mass of about 4.3 x 10^6
> solar masses.

Oh my, Woofy, such nastiness! Sat on a thistle again?

You know, I assume, that if one never questions one's assumptions,
then one never learns anything new. If people like you guarded the
gates of physics, then we would still be confined to a Newtonian
paradigm and the concept of the atomic basis of matter would still be
treated as a crackpot speculation.

Pose on, Woofy. Bust a big move for us. Guard your own private Oz.

Best,