From: BabyMc on
I have a report that contains a number of columns - and where the report
contains a number of lines for a range of 'cost centres'.
The report has the cost centre title in one column (say B) and then a number
of rows below that containing various data in the columns.
At the moment the cost centre is only identified in the first row of each
cost centre's data.

At a point the data for one cost centre is concluded and the next row
contains the data for the next cost centre - and so on.

How may I 'split' this report - I guess in to a workbook for each cost
centre so that I can send (via email) to individuals?
From: Gary Keramidas on
you could use an autofilter on the cost center column. ron debruin's site
details how to send emails.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: BabyMc on
Thanks - however I think there are a couple of issues with that: -

Firstly the cost centre is only applied on the first record of data for that
cost centre. I think I could overcome this however, I'm still not sure how I
can do this as I would wish. This may be because I haven't (though I've just
realised) explained myself properly.

So, secondly; as I will be extracting the same type of data each month -
though, obviously, with a different amount of records. I was therefore hoping
to do this using a macro.
From trying this previously (if memory serves) then when I filter and select
the records, the macro records this as a constant in the row selection. Of
course this would be no good when the number of records are different.

Thanks again - and for Ron's site (I've seen that, it's good).

From: Gary Keramidas on
post an example of the data that you want to filter on and maybe someone
will be able to help.

From: BabyMc on
A B C D E
1 Cost Ctr Sub Description Period Date Amount
2 001001 2090 Travel allowances P12-09 19/05/2010 -6.21
3 2585 Printing & Stat P12-09 25/05/2010 -37.70
4 001003 0116 Pay - Teachers P12-09 19/05/2010 -4000.00
5 2721 Telephone P12-09 19/05/2010 -210.52
6 2724 Mobile Phone Charges P12-09 19/05/2010 -1789.41
7 001004 2724 Mobile Phone Charges P12-09 19/05/2010 -583.07
8 25/05/2010 -130.38