From: steveu on
>Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd(a)mega-nerd.com> writes:
>
>> I used to do a lot of hacking on the train to and from work.
>> It would not be uncommon for me to do three or four discrete
>> commits per journey.
>
>After I got my EEE901 a couple years ago I'm amazed about how much
>work I get done while waiting for the subway, shopping with my wife,
>waiting to pick up the kids at practice, etc. I use GIT and commits to
>keep track of what I do as the sessions are quite short, and then
>squash some of the commits and then push it on to my GIT repos at
>home.
>
>Petter

I know what you mean. I used to have two 30 minute ferry rides each day,
with a guaranteed seat, comfortable surroundings, and a compact notebook
computer. I'd say out of 10 rides a week, I'd get at least 7 or 8
significant useful pieces of work done. The quick exchange of data at the
ends of those journeys was a key part of making the process effective.

Steve