From: UNIFI on
No longer when I open a new spreadsheet in Excel 2003 does my number format
defaults to general but with an odd formatting. When I enter a
number(example 8), the default format is 0.008. I cannot get the formatting
to change back so when I enter a number it looks like "8.0". suggestions?
From: Luke M on
Goto Tools - Options - Edit, and uncheck the "Fixed decimals" box.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Bernard Liengme on
The problem is that you have set an option to give you three decimal places.
Some people set it to 2 so they can type 123 to get 1.23 (money)

Use Tools | Options , open the Edit tab and locate the Fixed Decimal box.
Make sure this is unchecked
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme