From: hdoherty on
There used to be regular notifications in this group of updates to
Spybot, but there haven't been any for a long time. I use Spybot 1.6
because it is one of the few free anti-spyware programs that still
supports my ancient WinMe system. I do my own updates manually, and run
regular scans, and everything seems to work OK, albeit somewhat slower
than it is used to. Given lack of mention of Spybot in this group, I am
beginning to wonder -- am I missing something. Is Spybot still OK?

From: Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries on
hdoherty(a)NO SPAMns.sympatico.ca (Hugh Doherty) wrote:
> There used to be regular notifications in this group of updates to
> Spybot, but there haven't been any for a long time. I use Spybot
> 1.6 because it is one of the few free anti-spyware programs that
> still supports my ancient WinMe system. I do my own updates
> manually, and run regular scans, and everything seems to work OK,
> albeit somewhat slower than it is used to. Given lack of mention
> of Spybot in this group, I am beginning to wonder -- am I missing
> something. Is Spybot still OK?

You can always use this to tell you when programs are updated:

http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?app=calendar

Another option is FileHippo's update checker:

http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to
be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey