From: Damian on
pcbutts1 wrote:
> All my free tools are now password protected to prevent thievery.

How does one steal free tools?

From: Damian on
Nick Skrepetos wrote:
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> All my free tools are now password protected to prevent thievery.
>> Directions for receiving passwords can be found on my download page
>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads . Since you have a problem with
>> believing Trolls and Stalkers who never offer any help what so ever
>> in this group, I don't know if I really want to give you the
>> password. I have been posting help to Usenet and forums for over 6
>> years now and have never ruined any computer. Thieves started
>> stealing my stuff 2 years ago and when they get caught they turn the
>> blame on me and the trolls pick up on it and you believe them. You
>> even believed I was distributing your software on my website. I
>> don't trust you so even if you do follow the directions to get the
>> password I still may not give it to you. When you first started post
>> in this group I tried to warn you about the people in this group and
>> the arrogant MVP's but you blew me off. And because each and every
>> password is completely random (maximum entropy) without any pattern,
>> and changes for each download the cryptographically-strong pseudo
>> random number generator I use guarantees that no similar strings
>> will ever be duplicated it is uncrackable.
>>
> <snip>
>
> I simply would like to test your software just as you have tested
> mine. Why would you not provide a password to the software? Send it
> direct to my e-mail if you don't want to publicly post it. I am happy
> to provide you a free registration code for SUPERAntiSpyware
> Professional as a "trade" if you like.
>
> Nick Skrepetos
> SUPERAntiSpyware.com
> http://www.superantispyware.com

Knowing pcbutthead, his 'Spyerase' is probably your SUPERAntiSpyware.
Plagairised and edited to claim himself as the author.

From: optikl on
pcbutts1 wrote:
> All my free tools are now password protected to prevent thievery. Directions
> for receiving passwords can be found on my download page
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads . Since you have a problem with believing
> Trolls and Stalkers who never offer any help what so ever in this group, I
> don't know if I really want to give you the password. I have been posting
> help to Usenet and forums for over 6 years now and have never ruined any
> computer. Thieves started stealing my stuff 2 years ago and when they get
> caught they turn the blame on me and the trolls pick up on it and you
> believe them. You even believed I was distributing your software on my
> website. I don't trust you so even if you do follow the directions to get
> the password I still may not give it to you. When you first started post in
> this group I tried to warn you about the people in this group and the
> arrogant MVP's but you blew me off. And because each and every password is
> completely random (maximum entropy) without any pattern, and changes for
> each download the cryptographically-strong pseudo random number generator I
> use guarantees that no similar strings will ever be duplicated it is
> uncrackable.

Your position is irrational and highly emotional. If you're not going to
make it generally available as you advertise, then don't. But don't
advertise that you will. You're only reinforcing the arguments made
against you by the positions you take and your reactions to others.
This is meant as a constructive observation.
From: EricP on
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:39:13 -0500, optikl <optikl(a)optikl.net> wrote:

>pcbutts1 wrote:

(snip)

>Your position is irrational and highly emotional. If you're not going to
>make it generally available as you advertise, then don't. But don't
>advertise that you will. You're only reinforcing the arguments made
>against you by the positions you take and your reactions to others.
>This is meant as a constructive observation.

And a completely rational observation.

Reading this certainly does NOT make me want to look at the thing.
From: Dustbin Ko0k on
EricP wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:39:13 -0500, optikl <optikl(a)optikl.net> wrote:
>
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
> (snip)
>

>> Your position is irrational and highly emotional. If you're not
>> going to make it generally available as you advertise, then don't.
>> But don't advertise that you will. You're only reinforcing the
>> arguments made against you by the positions you take and your
>> reactions to others. This is meant as a constructive observation.
>
> And a completely rational observation.
>
> Reading this certainly does NOT make me want to look at the thing.

It's probably only a matter of time until someone reveals where pcbutthead
stole it, then you can try the original from the true author.