From: o'dak on

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:00:57 -0400, siljaline wrote:

>>Buffalo wrote:
>> When I clicked on 'update' it just gave me the latest defs and said nothing
>> about the new version.
>
>I don't believe the old build prompted that the new build was available.

When I checked for updates my verison 4.2 said there was a version
4.3 available that was not available through the updates and gave a
clickable link to download it. After installing it I checked again for
updates and was told that the 2010-APR-12 was the latest so I was
up-to-date. So the old build did prompt about the new build, at least
it did earlier this morning (Apr 18) on my system.

--
o'dak
(Eldest son of dak)
From: siljaline on
o'dak wrote:
> When I checked for updates my verison 4.2 said there was a version
> 4.3 available that was not available through the updates and gave a
> clickable link to download it. After installing it I checked again for
> updates and was told that the 2010-APR-12 was the latest so I was
> up-to-date. So the old build did prompt about the new build, at least
> it did earlier this morning (Apr 18) on my system.

There probably was an event reminder of sorts and I probably missed it.

> o'dak
> (Eldest son of dak)

Any plans on future releases of the famous Dak list ?

Regards,

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Sam Spade on
Mr Siljaline. I posted a question about "zwarezsitedotcom" in relationship
to new version 4.3 of spy sweeper. I went to their website and they
explained how I could put it in another file which I did. Obviously putting
it in another file eliminates the message but wondered if you knew what
"zwarezsite dot com" means?
Thank you

"siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov> wrote in message
o'dak wrote:
> When I checked for updates my verison 4.2 said there was a version
> 4.3 available that was not available through the updates and gave a
> clickable link to download it. After installing it I checked again for
> updates and was told that the 2010-APR-12 was the latest so I was
> up-to-date. So the old build did prompt about the new build, at least
> it did earlier this morning (Apr 18) on my system.

There probably was an event reminder of sorts and I probably missed it.

> o'dak
> (Eldest son of dak)

Any plans on future releases of the famous Dak list ?

Regards,

Silj

-- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free
time."
- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: siljaline on
Sam Spade wrote:
> Mr Siljaline. I posted a question about "zwarezsitedotcom" in relationship
> to new version 4.3 of spy sweeper. I went to their website and they
> explained how I could put it in another file which I did. Obviously putting
> it in another file eliminates the message but wondered if you knew what
> "zwarezsite dot com" means?

hxxxp://zwarezsite.com/ under Spyware Blaster is an IE Restricted Site.

If you run a HOSTS File, you might want to add that site to your file.

I replied just know to your original query, you did not mention Spy Sweeper.
Check the Forum for Spy Sweeper or check the documentation.

From: Sam Spade on
Thank you Mr Siljaline. I shall go to their site and check some more. Of
course one question led to your answer which tells me, what is a HOSTS file.
Is this a program I can download and execute and keeps adwares etc. out? I
use Norton Internet Security, Window Washer, and Webroot Spy Sweeper now.
There appears to be more to this computer stuff than I imagined!