From: Tony Rogerson on
The original op question was around data mining to which you stated "SQL
Server is not in that game; you ought be
using Teradata, KX, WX2, etc."

I asked you to qualify your experience within SQL Server that qualifies you
to rule this product out and berate it - you replied SQL Server doesn't do
prediction (which of course now you have actually done the research you know
now is wrong) - finally after several attempts you replied that you haven't
any.

I am not a statistician, nor have I claimed to be one; I have 5 years DB2 on
the mainframe, 3 months Oracle and 16 years SQL Server experience - all full
time, all fully trained from the best and all kept current - I work around
60 hours a week in the product space AND the database sector servicing my
clients and keeping current by researching.

SQL Server is a product set, what you meant to say was its not built into
the relational engine - which is your problem, you are blind and see only
SQL and see only SQL Server as a departmental store and retrieve database -
which it isn't and we've told countless numbers of times with references
etc....

The rest of your post is just drivel from an old man who's had his day and
is upset that he cannot keep up with the industry and nobody will employ him
except for the odd training gig a handful of occasions in a year.

Who's going to be more current? Somebody like myself who is in the industry
full time, spending on average 60 hours a weekend on clients, research and
other stuff around the product and the field, or - somebody like yourself
who thinks he knows it all already, rarely works and is so out of touch its
laughable.

But - take my word --celko-- I'm here to stay - for every post you get wrong
or berate the op I'll be there berating you and questioning you - making
absolutely sure other folk see you for what you are.

--ROGGIE--